Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The charcoal way....

I am truly shocked upon learning the news that one of my favorite contestant in the Taiwan Million Dollar Star Contest Season 3 actually committed suicide. It was said that she killed herself by sitting in a car burning charcoal. The increasing saturation of carbon monoxide in her blood "allowed her to die painlessly". How painless can that be? Physically, yes but mentally...???

There are so much to life. It is no doubt difficult but to resort to giving it up does not justify all the effort we have put in just to survive. I have watched people who begged to keep their life going even though it may only be for a few months or even few hours (just to be able to meet their beloved for the last time). I have also witnessed people who begged to allow their life to be left rotting and wasted. Facing these extremes ever so often certainly left me thinking about my life a lot.

As much as we thought that our life belong to ourselves but it is never that simple. There are so many strings attached that it is not easy to get them untangled. I guess it goes back to what is the purpose of life. What an interesting way of me going back to the most important question in my life. I come to understand that being happy is the main purpose. Compassion and happiness goes together. Learning the full meaning of being cojavascript:void(0)mpassionate is helping me to become a happier person.



(-_-)*** (^ ^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home