Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The tragedy of the Year

It's really saddening to see that the figures of the tsunami victims rising, faster than i could ever imagine , everytime i wake up from my sleep. Although it's just numbers, it's poignant. I was being an arrogant shit earlier when i claimed that this is the way mother nature keeps the population checked. My heart aches deeply everytime i see those disastrous pictures or when i reach that the toll is climbing like nobody's business. It is claiming far too many lives now. The post-tragedy diseases will haunt the affected areas for quite a while after the direct-effect of tsunami subsided. Really hope that every able person will do their part in the relief effort. -_:

Here's one of the link. http://www.ifrc.org/helpnow/donate/donate_response.asp

It is during this time when i read stories of people losing their family members that i start missing my beloved ones deeply. Sigh.....i just don't have that much time to travel home. It's not pure excuse, i am reaching a state where i am unable to differentiate whether my future is more important than catching up with my dear family members and friends. My residency planning is making me breathless at times when all the stress are mounting like hell. I can't foresee where my future lies at this moment. I really feel like drifting away with the tsunami waves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home