Saturday, December 06, 2008

Another humbling episode

I have started to realise that whenever i misjudge, misinterpret, misknow, misread, misdiagnose or miss-an-answer, i am not feeling as humiliated as before. I learned the feeling of being humbled. It is actually a very serene feeling. There is always so much to learn and know. It gives me motivation and encouragement to keep wanting to learn more to avoid similar situation from happening again.

Yesterday, i dealt with a patient whom i hope is resting in peace now as he was a sick lovely old man. It is an extremely sad feeling to see him go after what i had done for the past few weeks and more so after a full day of effort yesterday ( 5 hours of operation and followed by intense post-op roller coaster events ). It reminds me again life is so fragile and unpredictable. I am certainly learning to be a better physician/surgeon and enjoying it even more with every passing day. I certainly didn't lie when i wrote in my personal letter that i woke up feeling happy to go to work.

That's so far the update of my love-hate-relationship with my job/ambition.



(-_-)***I often wear a smile at work (^^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home