Saturday, February 11, 2006

My first

I was thinking about the date that I created a small piece of history in my life leading to this delay posting!

My first skin-to-skin surgery was completed on Feb 7......it's a right segmental mastectomy of a fibroadenoma. I think it's fitting that it's a breast surgery, on an Asian patient (sounds racist here but I prefer to begin with a population that I am dear to!!!) and also on this auspicious and special date. The reasons are - I had assisted in quite a number of breast surgery, I probably know more about breast surgery than other surgical problems at this moment and lastly, I realised that it's my friend's BIRTHDAY! This made it easier for me to remember but indirectly, it also means that I have to remember her birthday at the same time :P! The operation went well. My surgeon was just merely looking and then scrutinized my work to only give me a thumbs up for my job! That really made my day!

It was certainly a wonderful feeling to be given such a task at my level of training. It shows how much my surgeon believe in me and that itself is something worth cherishing. I had been doing lots of hands-on over my 2 weeks elective with this surgeon that I've heard a lot but never dare to work with initially. He had a fierce sounding reputation of being demanding and critical but I guess nothing is impossible! And, trust me that being able to be in charge at the operating table is such a wonderful feeling!

Oh....since this post should be 3-day post my friend birthday....it's only right that I include a Happy Belated Birthday wish! I had wanted to blog my brithday note to her here but I somehow posted it in her friendster page!

2 Comments:

Blogger mich said...

Congratulations! Well done, I'll take it as a birthday gift to me!

2:39 AM  
Blogger mcfan said...

Hm....strangely it happened on a special day but I am not stingy when it comes to truly celebrating this date! But I still don't know what's the best present....wonder if a drawing will do as I am just a poor student! heheheheh...i know, me crapping here!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home