Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good old tuition times

For SPM (a high school graduation exam) preparation, i used to have multiple tuition classes. Group and individual sessions. It will not be fair if Mr.Poon is not mentioned in this subject! He was the teacher who had given excellent guidance in most of my science and mathematic subjects. He was then introduced to my fellow classmates. If only he was our school teacher, then we could have all learn together! On an unrelated note, I really have to pick on our "honorable" physics teacher who was using (er.... probably from collection written during Britain revolution!) english physics book needing PP to translate it into malay all the time! nuff saif, ok...back to tuition time!

Then comes those group sessions. My favorite was biology tuition taught by Puan Mimie. I wonder if i have previously blogged in detail how she had influence my career path. Needless to say, she was the person who piqued my interest in medicine during high school. She would drive an old standard transmission car (without air-cond) to pick michelle and i from LRT station or my house to her house where we had our tuition sessions. Having said that, she does own a mercedes at home but i guess both of us weren't her VIP! Michelle and i would have a feast at her house, wondering if we are paying more attention to food or to those biology topics!! haha! It's either the cheap "economic rice" (it rice with dishes) or pastries from King's confectionery (well, my fav is definitely the japanese flat pastries...not so sure about the ikan bilis aka anchovies) bun; No, i don't have delusion or amnesia!!! If we are without food, Pn Mimie will cook us something (i think!). The most exotic and unforgettable dish was durian porridge. Oh my!!! I totally agree that durian is best eaten fresh from it's shell! I only had er....2 or 3 half-spoonful of them!

My next fav is the Malay tuition classes! It was held at ry's place. "Nanny" joyce was the other person in this gang. I still recall that there was one day where i actually walked for one hour under the hot glaring sun from my house to ry's. I was sick when i reached her place. Well, the diagnosis is simple....heat stroke! Anyway, i don't know why i am thinking of food again after reminiscing those fun times during the malay classes. This time, it's fried chicken and i still remember that ry never uses her ketchup but since i was eating at her place, it didn't take long for the ketchup to disappear! Somebody was drinking it! It was a lot of laughter and crazy jokes with nanny joyce around! Actually, i can't really remember what we learned in that class...writing karangan (essay)???

I also heard others experience, most notable one is the Mr.Poon's group tuition with the bunch of girls prefect (am i right?). All i heard was someone is always late, well, there must be someone who's still sleeping when Mr.Poon came knocking on the door at 11am!!??? Casa ria anybody?? hehe!!



(-_-)***ampang king's confectionery, are you still there?
.....Addendum.....apparently it's still there, somebody (ok...2 bodies! haha!) passed by it but did not stop by!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bride2010 said...

What did we learn ar...hahahahahha

Feels like eons ago man..

Yeap, King's still there...

3:22 AM  
Blogger mcfan said...

hahaha...i really can't remember!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home