Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Provincial Nominee of N....

I went for an interview that will expedite my application for permanent residency in canada. If provincial nomination is given, it'll be a matter of months before i'd be granted a PR status. I was given a hard time. Not because the immigration officers that carried out the interview were intimidating. They were genuinely nice person like a lot of newfoundlanders. That's why as much as i hate living in this small city, i am growing to love the place and the people. It's a love-hate relationship. I am too much of a city girl to be grounded in this small city, i can't even picture a smaller town! I won't say work is my only solace as my social network is certainly building up nicely here. How i hope it will stay this way but people are bound to leave and hopefully i can meet new wonderful people (not that the new ones can replace those who are gone). Ok, back to my original woes, it was a hard time because those questions are my dilemmas. I was forced into self-reflections and answer for the best of my interest. I wont say i lied but it's as good as i can relate it to my life now.

What are you going to answer if you were asked
1) You seems like a worldly person. Can you live in a place where you are away from luxury such as unlimited shopping, luxurious dining place or just about the city life (not to say those are materialistic things)? (How did they pick that personality of mine so well only after few questions!!!??)
I don't think they matters. It's a bonus if they are available. I can always fly out to NY or Toronto to shop. (One of the immigration officers stopped me and said, you know if you are in Toronto, you dont need to fly). *paused* I think my work is almost my life, where i spent 90 hours a week working, i barely have time to do something else, don't even mention shopping, most of my clothes that i bought are not worn because i am in scrubs daily!

2) You seems to be comparing health care systems in these few countries that you have mentioned. Do you have any plans to go home to help improve the health care system in your country after you have the expertise?
It's unfortunate that the health care system in Malaysia has such big variation in its standard. The health care in Canada is a system where things are monitored and standardised. Change for the better can be carried out with less restrictions. I would like to help to improve the msian health care system but i am not foolish enough to go home thinking that i can do this alone. I would want a stable career and family, everything settled down nicely before thinking of helping with things in Msia. The problem in Msia health care system is complicated. There is no quick fix. However, I wouldn't say that i would not participate in any collaborations that is possible between Canada and Msia in the near future if it can benefit Msia.

I do have a different set of answers for questions above that will be my true answers but i am no nelson mandela or aung san suk kyi. I am just another msian who learned that grass is greener on this side of the world.


(-_-)***there will never be a place where we can be as free as a bird...it's all too difficult

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home