Monday, March 03, 2008

Vacation- Leaf 2

It's been 4 years since i last celebrated CNY with my family. I was involved in the rather routine CNY preparation house cleaning, ensuring that all rough corners in the house are mend, buying home deco, getting stocked up with CNY food and buying clothes for CNY (i have to buy regardless, because i don't have anything to wear with one of my luggage went missing in my journey back to Malaysia).

On the New Year's eve, finally got back to Seremban to meet with my grandma and my paternal family members. It's always a joy to meet with them and to be able to indulge in home-cooked food by my aunts - reunion lunch. I miss my grandma! I was also able to meet with my primary school teacher. I actually got in touch with her 2 days prior my trip back to Seremban. She was very eager to meet up. There were weird feelings seeing her again after so many years. She was my primary school year 1 & 2 class teacher. Someone who brought me out for picnics and church activities and that made my dad barred me from going out with her anymore, afraid that i will embrace another religion. It was a good meeting though.

After reunion dinner, i actually went out for yet another karaoke session with mich and her sis to celebrate her birthday. Something that I had really looked forward to. I think the last time that I was able to do so was during A-levels time. (ok....counting...) It's almost ten years already!!???

To be able to join my family on the usual first CNY day visit to old folks home (it's been done for years) to give out angpau is like a visit back to the old memories. Funny but it's true. 4-year hiatus is too long. That made me feel wanting to be in Malaysia for every CNY. However, next year will be impossible with an important exam on the table. Will certainly work on that for the year of tiger! Going back to Penang was certainly another highlight. I have always love to visit my maternal family and it would be a lie to say that food isn't one of the main reasons. Eat is the only verb that is a must in Penang. (^ ^)

I also had 2 sessions of Javanese massage in the hotel where i stayed! And that gave me the idea to a little surprise gift to someone was complaining about shoulder/back pain after sleep!

It was a great second week home.


(-_-)***home sweet home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home