Friday, May 27, 2005

True love for surgery?

Success is measured with the amount of obstacle that you've been through.

I am enjoying every moment of surgery rotation now. But am i really liking it or it's just because i have good team members that gave me so so much encouragement?? I am being branded the best clerk, most hardworking, bla bla bla bla.......

I got to say that having Sandy (Dr.Widder) and Artan (Dr.Reso), my residents, helps me so much. Especially Sandy, i wouldnt trade working with her for anything. I am really enjoying every moment learning and working with her. She's such a fabulous lady that I can't help admiring. I made her my inspiration figure where i look up to when my strength starts to wand. I am not sure if it's fated or it's a "God"-sent that i meet her now. I see so much similarities between both of us and it really helps to see someone like this in this position.....it's as if seeing myself in that position in years to come. We got so much things in common, she's such a big baby, immature, fun lady woman...not sure how old she is and she's married too. Most importantly, she's being so real, you probably know that i have been finding it hard to meet someone like that in my hospital life now. She's probably the best resident i could ever have. So, having a figure like this really lift my spirits, her encouraging words will only spur me to work harder and going further for the unbelievable. With my current mood, i think i could write more than a page on how i would want to describe her to you. (Hm....both of us are big fans of dogs especially rottweiler!!! Without going further, can you feel how I am feeling now!!?) In her, i see the type of woman surgeon that i want to be. Someone who's funnily bitchy (but with real kind heart) when there's no patient around/when they are "asleep" but in extreme professionalism when i am dealing with one!

So, sometimes i do wonder if the reason why i am liking surgery so much now, is partly due to her presence. I would believe that if i have a terrible resident, i would not have as much energy as i am having now!

I am most probably going down to New York this July. Wish me luck that i can get something real good out from that!

2 Comments:

Blogger mich said...

You can have all the luck you want, and if you ever need, share mine!

3:55 PM  
Blogger mcfan said...

As always, your presence is always felt. *teary eyes* love,SL

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home