Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back from NY

It was a great trip. Gained 3 kg from all the food i ate in a week! Isn't that crazy? I had so much food - chinese (cantonese, taiwanese, shanghainese, sezchuan and teochew), malaysian, western (even new orleans grill), japanese (including the ever so posh Nobu - i swear the food was as good as what the reviews offer - the cod was melting on my tongue, there could be so many level of taste from a single 3 by 2 cm pc of kobe beef!!! now i know why those description from cartoon sounds crazy, cos it's something really special! but for that price, it's not something i would go more than once annually!), korean, italian and french.

I have never met so many Calgarians before in my previous NY trips. This time around I also met with one who's doing a psychiatry residency there who had been to St.John's before. He was pretty terrified with that particular experience i guess. Coz he kept on telling me to reconsider staying in St.John's for another 5 years knowing how much a city girl i am. He said i am just trapping my mind and it's not good for my mental health.

2 years ago, hearing that advice, i probably would have no doubt in trying to get out of St.John's. However, seriously, this place isn't that bad. I know i can't shop, i know i can't eat heavenly food but my network is growing andmy career is shaping up slowly; i certainly think that this place is getting to be my comfort zone. Not that i wouldn't want to go anywhere else but i don't think it's worth the hassle.

Oh well, i also spent quite a lot shopping around in NY. Not really sure what i got at the end of the day, clothes and lotsss of dry food! Good supply enough to last for a while!

I also watched 2 broadway musicals this time. Spring awakening and Les Miserables!!!!! Spring awakening is about teenager curiosity (about adolescent sexuality) and despair. It was not bad, i rate it around 6.5/10. Les Mis was excellent. Lea Salonga had a part in this musical and she blew us away man! How i wish the main lead has a louder mic volume. I am definitely going to get the soundtrack.


(-_-)***I love broadway....

1 Comments:

Blogger jolcy said...

Me tooo.... But then unfortunately.. it's costly.. :( miss out Phantom of the Opera in SG.. one more in malaysia.. but I forgotten the title.. King And I coming soon.. Arrrghhhh... :(

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home